Bunker Hill COVID-19 Response
Bunker Hill’s opening has been delayed to Monday, June 29th. This delay will enable management to modify protocols and procedures for the health and safety of our guests and staff.
We are closely monitoring advisories and updates regarding COVID-19 from the CDC, WHO, Missouri DHSS as well as healthcare and regulatory organizations. We will continue to make changes as necessary to our protocols and procedures.
Based on the information available at this time Bunker Hill is making the following adjustments to our normal operations for the health and safety of our guests and staff:
- Retreat capacity limited to approximately 50%. Limiting the number of guests allows for better social distancing in facilities.
- All common areas will be closed including London (Recreation) Hall, Behrens Hall, Library, School House and Chapel.
- One guest limit in the office.
- No canoes, kayaks or inner tube will be provided.
- No recreation equipment will be provided. This includes, ping pong, putters, horseshoes, volley balls or basketballs. Guest are welcome to bring their own recreation equipment.
- At this point, we plan to eliminate the salad bar and breakfast bar from the dining hall. We will continue to monitor information from the health department as well as the CDC and will announce any other changes to meals that may be necessary.
Guest Safety & Health
- Physical Distancing – Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines or moving around the property.
- Hand Sanitizer – Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the office, the entrance to the dining hall and in each cabin.
- Guest Cabins – Along with our normal cleaning protocols, housekeeping staff will disinfect each room’s water faucet handles, toilet seats and handles, door handles and other high-touch items including nightstands, doors, light switches, temperature controls, luggage racks, railings and flooring.
We recognize that these changes will impact some aspects of your stay at Bunker Hill.
If you have a reservation in June and have not heard from Mary, please call the Bunker Hill office at 417-934-2333 regarding your reservation. Mary will be happy to work with you to find a new date for this year or next. If you are not ready to make a new reservation, she will also work with you on your deposit.
July through October Reservations:
We will leave your reservations in our system unless we hear otherwise. Please review the restrictions that will be in place for your visit to make sure they are in line with your expectations.
We realize that these changes may not be in line with what you expect or want for a trip to Bunker Hill. Should you choose to cancel your reservation or have a reservation for June, you will have three options.
- We will work with you to find a new date for your group, either this year or next, and can transfer your deposit for the new reservation;
- You may cancel your reservation and receive a refund of your deposit; or
- You may cancel your reservation and donate your deposit to the operation and maintenance of the retreat. This allows us to minimize our losses since we will not be open in May or June. Bunker Hill is a 501(c)(3) so donations may be tax deductible.
No matter what option you choose, we hope to see you soon, happy and healthy. Please know that Greg and Mary miss seeing our guests.